As a team, you will write a paper in Microsoft Word outlining the following components. Please remember to format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Select an ecosystem, such as a temperate forest, desert biome, or the Everglades.
Determine the interdependency of life in your ecosystem by examining its organisms.
Create a diagram in which you illustrate the energy flow among organisms of a food chain in a particular ecosystem. See Ch. 20 of the textbook for details and examples.
Include the following in your diagram:
- List the organisms that can be found in your ecosystem.
- Identify the structure and function of the main organs in at least two organisms, and indicate why they are suited for that environment.
- Label major organisms that live in your selected ecosystem: P for producers, C for consumers, and D for decomposers.
- Name the types of consumers in your ecosystem.
- List the food chains associated with your ecosystem. Address the following items:
- Name of the plant or animal
- What it eats
- What eats it
- How it adapts to the ecosystem
- Describe the ecosystem's population growth and regulation through community interactions.
- Evaluate potential hazards caused by humans that might affect your ecosystem's stability, such as environmental pollution.
Include labels and associated details in the diagram.