Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper that answers the following questions:
- What information about diversity in the United States has helped you better understand or relate to others in ways that you may not have in the past? Have you learned something new about your own racial, ethnic, or cultural history?
- Trends in immigration will continue to shape the demographics of the United States. What will the U.S. population look like in the year 2050? Why do you think so?
- What challenges does the United States face due to the diversity of its people?
- What are the benefits of such a diverse society?
- How can we foster a climate of acceptance and cultural pluralism in the United States?
- In what ways does the media perpetuate stereotyping and prejudice? Provide examples to support your assertion.
- In what ways does the media help foster appreciation for diversity? Provide examples to support your assertion.
- How might individuals and the United States work together to reduce prejudice and increase appreciation for diversity?
- How might you change your own behaviors to be more inclusive and pluralistic?