This week, we have learned in Chapter 13 of the textbook about three different forms of informative speaking: speeches of description, speeches of demonstration, and speeches of explanation. After reading about the types of speeches, think about a speech that you have heard that fits the description of one of these types of speeches. The speech may have been heard on television or radio, on the Internet, or in-person. In the post, be sure to respond to each of the following (for discussion post only – not for use as speech outline):
- What was the form of informative speaking used in the speech you selected?
- How would you describe the form of informative speaking used in your own words?
- What was the most appealing part of this form of informative speaking?
- What was the least appealing aspect of this form of informative speaking?
- What would you have done differently as the speaker?
Osborn, M., Osborn, S., Osborn, R., & Turner, K. J. (2015). Public speaking: Finding your voice (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references according to APA formatting as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.