NEED A 8-10 PAGE ESSAY. SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
6- Lifetime of
Reading Post &
6th. In this module post an essay/paragraph format response on how to encourage a lifetime of reading that is thorough and
substantiated by readings from the weblinks and text in your response:
1. Describe at least five ways to promote reading in your classroom.
2. Also, explain the importance of creating lifelong readers.
SEE BELOW FOR READINGS AND WEBLINKS BELOW:
• Science and the read-alouds:http://www.esiponline.org/classroom/foundations/reading/readalouds.html
• Read-aloud America’s recommendations: http://www.readaloudamerica.org/booklist.htm
• Videos of books being read aloud!: http://www.justbooksreadaloud.com
• Authors reading their own books aloud:http://www.scholastic.com/teacher/ab/biolist.htm
5th. Weblinks on
5th. Weblinks on Literature Circles
Visit these weblinks below concerning Literature Circles and think about how you could use literature circles in your
classroom to encourage a lifetime of reading.
• Annenberg Learner's Multimedia Online Resource focusing on literature circles:
• Laura Candler gives much insight into the development and use of literature circles.
• Even more about literature circles by Dr. Katherine L. Schlick Noehttp://www.litcircles.org/
her master page concerning literature circles: http://www.litcircles.org/resources.html
• Literature circles http://www.literaturecircles.com/article1.htm
• Literature circles http://www.litcircles.org/Overview/overview.html
• Literature circles from ReadWriteThinkhttp://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=19