The picture of a man and woman fighting over a child, practically pulling him apart seems unimaginable. There must be a more sensible way to manage a conflict. Chapter 4 reads like a “how to…” manual. The idea is to help you start managing your conflicts more effectively from now on. Chapter 5 introduces the topic of interpersonal violence and how both aggressors and their victims may better deal with abusive situations. The purpose of this essay is to apply correctly the key concepts, principles, and suggestions from chapters 4 and 5 to conflicts in your life.
In 300-700 words, write a brief essay in which you apply key concepts and suggestions from Chapter 4 and 5 to your own life situation, past, present, or future. The Objectives and Key Terms at the top of Chapters 4 and 5 identify the key concepts in the chapters. Address the following in your essay:
Address the following in your essay:
• Define and explain two key concepts from each chapter that stood out to you; please include page numbers, cite from the textbook, and end the essay with a reference to the textbook (citations/ references should be in APA style).
• Include suggestions the authors make for each chapter that would help you better manage conflicts (again include page numbers and references to the textbook)
• Then explain how you could use the concepts that you identified to better manage a conflict in the past, present, or future (it may be one conflict for both chapters or a separate conflict for each chapter).
Your essay must meet the following criteria:
• Minimum/maximum (300-700 words) limit
• Identified 2 key concepts per chapter, defined, and explained them (key concepts are printed in bold in the text).
• Identified at least one suggestion from each chapter.
• Cited the text (with page numbers) and referenced it at the end of the essay.
• Written in the APA style using the correct grammar and spelling