Please answer these questions briefly and perfectly
- Suppose the Federal Reserve Bank unexpectedly raises interest rates in the United States. How will this impact the foreign-exchange market?
- How important are communications and computing technologies to the smooth functioning of the foreign-exchange market? If the technological advances of the past four decades were eliminated-for example, no PCs or satellite telecommunications-how would the foreign-exchange market be affected?
- Do you expect the U.S. dollar to maintain its position as the dominant currency in the foreign-exchange market once the euro is fully established? Why or why not?
- What would be the impact on world trade and investment if there were only one currency?
- What advantages does the Tata Group fain from being a conglomerate?
- What are institutional voids? Why might they encourage the conglomerate form of organization in emerging markets?
- Many corporate takeovers involve the acquiring firm installing their own managers and slashing the payrolls of the acquired firm. Why has Tata chosen to retain the existing management temas of the foreign companies it has taken over?
- The Tata Group has a strong commitment to high ethical standards and corporate social responsibility. Does it gain any competitive advantages in the market place because of this commitment?