The Beneficial Invention
We live in an age of great technological change. Imagine that you could choose what the next great invention would be. What invention would be the most beneficial for society, and why?
Write a well-organized persuasive essay in which you explain your choice.
Students will respond to the essay prompt selected and provided by the faculty.
· Students are permitted to submit only one essay for grading. The first essay submission will be graded so make sure it is the best attempt and complete work.
· There is no assigned minimum word length for the essay, but it should be a complete essay (not random thoughts on the topic, and not just a few words stating a position).
· All of the prompts are designed so that students can write about them without doing any research. No research is required for these essays, and no research is allowed. These essays should develop students’ own argument on the topic, using evidence drawn from personal experience or common knowledge.
· Students are not responsible for putting the essay into any specific format. To state that more directly, do not spend any time putting the essay in APA or MLA format. Students will not be graded on format.
· Do not assume any special knowledge of the topic on the part of the reader. Instead, students should write as if they are writing for a randomly selected audience.