Individual Behavior, Diversity, Attitudes, and Job Satisfaction
You read about diversity and also completed some Learning Activities to help you practice the concepts involved with individual behavior, attitudes, and job satisfaction. Now you will examine how these concepts function in the business world.
You are a manager of Operations at LL Green Corporation. Lately you have noticed that some employees are not getting along. At a recent team meeting there was a lot of tension between the older employees and younger ones. Complaints from the older employees were that the younger employees were disrespectful, felt they should be managing the job instead of them and always wanted to go home early. The younger employees felt the older ones didn’t like to work with them and demanded they work longer hours on the job. After thinking about the situation you realize you have a generational issue between the Baby Boomers and Millennials.
After reading the following two articles and following the steps below, answer the questions posed.
Read the articles below by accessing the KU Online Library in the Course Home. Once inside the KU Library through the course home area you will find the following articles reserved on the left hand side for Unit 2:
- Kunz, F., Boehm, S.A. & Bruch, H. (2011). Age diversity, age discrimination climate and performance consequences- a cross-organizational study. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 32 (2), 264–290. doi:10.100/job.698
- Milligan, S. (2014, November). Wisdom of the ages. HR Magazine, 59(11), 22―27.
Address the following questions in your Discussion response making references to both the article and the case in your response: What are the challenges in managing a diverse age group of employees?
- What are the challenges in managing a diverse age group of employees?
- How might diversity impact individual attitudes and behavior?
- Can diversity increase job satisfaction? If so, how?
Respond to the Discussion per the course Syllabus. View an example of an initial posting in response to the checklist items above.