After careful thought you must transform your chosen topic into an arguable thesis. Do not write a report but rather an argument. This research paper must present an original thesis clearly stated in the introduction, argued through a series of well-developed paragraphs, and concluded in a relevant, summarizing, and provocative statement. The rough draft of this essay will be 4 - 5 pages in length and employ APA format. You must use at least three credible, academic sources to support your claim, and all researched information must be accurately cited according to APA documentation style. You will need to include at least three parenthetical, in-text citations and three citations on the References page at the end of the paper.
Follow these guidelines to write the rough draft of your Argumentative Research Essay:
- Choose one of the following topics:
- The Gender Wage Gap
- Violence in Schools
- Education in the Digital Era
- Media Representations of Culture
- Technology’s Role in Childhood Development
- Global Climate Change
- Include a minimum of three APA in-text citations
- Include an APA reference page with a minimum of three entries
- Include an APA title page
- Include a running head
- Be objective and avoid using “I,” “me,” “you,” “we,” or “us.”
- Be sure to use the Writing Tips page to help with your APA formatting. Use your sources to support your thesis statement and argument, but make sure to show the reader the other side of your argument to avoid being biased.