1. [Rationale of the Assignment: COSMOPOLITANISM “VERSUS” GLOBALIZATION]
‘I am a citizen of the world’. This statement by Diogenes of Sinope characterizes the essence of Cosmopolitanism, a phenomena that is not new but that has received a new momentum with globalization. So, “how much Cosmopolitanism is in Globalization”? This suggestive question, posed by Colic-Peisker (2011) assumes that globalization does not equal Cosmopolitanism. What are the differences between Globalization and Cosmopolitanism? What are then the key "ingredients" that allow us to talk about Cosmopolitanism - and the differentiating qualities that it may bring, versus, above and
beyond globalization? What can the different traditions of Cosmopolitanism (The Socio-
Cultural approach; The Moral approach; The Legal-Political approach) offer and why are
these relevant for the scholarly of management? How can those theoretical perspectives on
Cosmopolitanism nurture and advance diverse fields and topics on management?
2. Identify the 15 “best” academic references among them… and read them carefully. (You will need to make sure they are either very recent, very
comprehensive or seminal articles which will contribute to a good coverage of your topic)
1. Provide a 200-word Abstract
2. Body of the Literature Review: Content/Selection of articles. It is expected that you
will include 15 or more sources in your review. You should rely on refereed academic
journal articles only. Your review should summarise the key themes in the literature,
providing a commentary on the current state of the literature on the topic and identify gaps
or areas of controversy and should provide a critical evaluation.
3. References List following APA or Chicago Styles. You should List all the references
used correctly (this is very important).
[* Marks will be deducted for non-compliance with the word limit (too few words will mean
you are unable to do your topic justice oo many words means you have not been discerning
enough in your selection of material or written succinctly enough) and for errors in